National Institute for Productivity (NIP) is a public Institution responsible for productivity and competitiveness enhancement and improvement in all sectors of the economy.
The NIP is looking for suitable Tanzanians with relevant qualifications to fill the position of Personal Secretary Grade I in the Institute.
The Personal Secretary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Receiving and directing visitors to responsible officers;
- Maintaining diary and appointments for superiors;
- Handling incoming and outgoing correspondences;
- Maintaining and keeping office records, documents and files;
- Typing letters, reports and other documents;
- Processing applications for training and producing training reports;
- Maintaining applied research, training and consultancy services records; and
- Perform any other secretarial duties and office management functions as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and experience required:
- A holder of a Secondary Education Certificate (A’ level or O’ level);
- A holder of a Diploma in Secretarial Services from a recognized institution;
- At least one (1) year experience in secretarial duties in a reputable organization;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Kiswahili;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good organization and multiple tasking skills; and
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Salary Scale of NIP 5 and attractive fringe benefits
Mode of Application:
All applications including a hand-written application letter; typed CV; a statement in English on one page (A4) describing why the applicant should be given preference over the other candidates; two coloured passport size photograph; certified copies of relevant certificates including transcripts and testimonials; and names and addresses of three work related referees with title marked “Personal Secretary Grade I” on the top of the envelope should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
National Institute for Productivity,
Nyumba ya Maarifa, Ohio Street,
P .O. Box 2021, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Applications should be received by Thursday 20th July, 2017 at 16.00hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.